This is a great way to treat ear mites safely and effectively. Especially if you want to avoid chemicals altogether, for example if you have a pregnant dog or cat. I have used it on a pregnant terrier who had a terrible case of ear mites and it did the trick. During her spay surgery a few weeks later, I asked the vet to look way down inside her ears with a scope and there were no more mites. She stopped scratching from the first dose. Prior to that she was scratching and crying.
- Mix 1 Tbsp Olive Oil with 2 vitamin E capsules (open the capsules and squeeze into the olive oil).
- Stir and drop a couple of drops in each ear with an eye dropper. Try to get it in as deeply as possible. Massage the ear. This soothes the ear and smothers the mites. It also prepares the ear for step 2. Use a cotton ball to wipe any debris from the ear. The dog will shake his or her head and then you can wipe the ear.
- Do this every other day for 3 treatments. You can cut it down to two but most directions say 3 days. Let the ear rest for two days before step 2.
- Purchase some Yellow Dock Tea from your local health food store. It’s best to get this where they sell it in bulk. Put 1 tsp in a tea ball or strainer and immerse it in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Let the tea steep for 15 minutes. Remove the tea ball and let the tea cool.
- If you can’t find the actual Yellow Dock Tea, you can purchase Yellow Dock Tincture instead. In that case you will mix one drop of tincture with 9 drops water.
- With an eye dropper, drop a couple drops of the Yellow Dock Tea in each ear (then let the dog out as she will shake her head).
- Do this every other day for 3 treatments.
That was all that was needed. No more mites, no more scratching, an no risk to nursing pups.